Wish to help shape Denver’s future in a unique and fascinating way?
On June 6th, CityBuild and ReWork are teaming up for a full-day, immersive rapid prototyping scrimmage that will bring together Denver residents who care about making a positive impact on the Denver community (that’s you!).
- Urban Peak, which works with homeless youth, will be addressing the topic of how to better equip youth in their program for life-long employment.
- EatDenver, which represents hundreds of independently owned local restaurants, will be exploring staffing challenges in the industry and mis-conceptions about careers in hospitality.
- PlaceMatters will be exploring how Denver might be able to create (safe) public spaces for “unstructured play”, especially for those communities who don’t have a lot of resources at home.
- Mile High United Way will be exploring how to make the Denver city centre more friendly and livable for families.
- The Denver Public Library will be examining how to provide “library services” to emerging neighborhoods…but without requiring any brick-and-mortar
- Zocalo Community Development will be addressing challenges with providing affordable housing options in Denver.
- BikeDenver will be examining how we can create the right combination of biking, walking, car sharing, and public transport to reduce single-person vehicle commuting.
- CityBuild will be exploring how we can engage more youthful generations in civic conversations
What’s rapid prototyping? A method used to accelerate the innovation process.
Wondering what’s in it for you? The scrimmage is a great opportunity to network with like-minded professionals, help create innovative solutions for leading organizations in the Denver community, and learn design-thinking and rapid prototyping skills that will translate to your professional life.
Wish to learn more about what prototyping looks like? Check out this 8-minute TED Talk from ReWork’s mentor Tom Chi, about building Google Glass.
When? Saturday, June 6th from 9:30am – 3:00pm
Where? Galvanize, 1062 Delaware St
Just announced: Encourage a friend to join you and get a 20% discount! Just make sure to purchase your tickets together and to select the “Group” option on Eventbrite.